Thursday 30 June 2011

Make your own catwalk

I fell in love with the exquisite blumarine A/W 2008 collection as soon as I
saw it. Beautiful pastel colours, stunning 3D floral detail. It's feminine, romantic,
elegant..what's not to love? I designed my own version for a leavers ball,
adapting the shape to a bustier, to suit my figure a little better.
Luckily, I had the dress made for me but you would be able to buy any dress in a shape
and colour that suits you. The flowers are hand stitched. I purchased different colours and
styles from haberdasheries and the vintage rose selection sold in Laura Ashley. To add
even more attention to detail I then sewed pearls into the flowers. I'm not sure if I will
wear the dress again soon but I will definitely treasure it more as a piece of art.





1 comment:

  1. Oh my gorgeous dress!! you are so talented! I hope to someday be able to make a dress as good as yours haha I am definitely following your blog now! Hope to see more fabulous DIYs :)

    Love,
    Kate
    http://thefancifieds.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete