Thursday 23 June 2011

Cheating on my skinny love ♥

For years all my jeans have been skinny, skinny, skinny. It was starting to become too much of an obsession. I thought they were perfect, they go with boots in winter, heels of an evening and even converse in the day, what more could you want? Also I am quite short and needed to enhance my limbs and I was sure the skinny jean drew attention to them. Even when I saw that flares were coming back, I thought "sorry, not for me", I still have a scar on my knee from when I tripped over my bell bottomed tammy girl ones at a young and tender age. The more I ignored the coming trend the further it exploded into the shops and not just flares.. bigger than flares ..wide leg trousers, palazzo pants. It was time to try them on and immediately I was converted.
I saw a photograph of Olivia Palermo wearing the Reiss Birkin jeans
and knew they were the ones for me. I am 5ft 4 and thought
that the extra material would drown me but I love the seam that runs up the
front as it actually creates a flattering and lengthening illusion.
I love blouses and styling my hair in a center parting so have to be really
careful not to look like I  have taken a time machine back to the Seventies.

Although I love my flares, I still cannot bear to part with my old skinny love.
Have you converted yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment